[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]PLYMAG has been always answer to the general interest of reducing environment negative impact, while producing healthy foods. Pioneer examples fully in force today are SM-6 or ROMBIORGAN BIOLÓGICO, certified for use in organic farming along with a large group of products.
Is that why PLYMAG has expanded its portfolio with the BASIC SUBSTANCES which constitute one of the last steps at European level to regulate and encourage the use by farmers as a tool of reduced environmental impact and low danger in their fight against pests and diseases.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
What are the basic substances?
The basic substances are not active substances at phytosanitary style , but substances with main uses in other fields and applications, and which may have certain approved phytosanitary uses in crops, other vegetables or seeds.
Specifically, “basic substance” means that:
- It is not a worrying substance and does not have the intrinsic ability to produce endocrine abnormalities or neurotoxic or immunotoxic effects
- It is not used primarily for phytosanitary purposes, even if it is useful for these purposes, and is used directly or in a product formed by the substance, (or several basic substances) and a simple diluent.
- It is not marketed as a phytosanitary product
List of basic substances: Equisetum arvense L., chitosan hydrochloride, sucrose, calcium hydroxide, lecithins, fructose, sodium hydrogen carbonate, vinegar, Salix spp. Bark, diammonium phosphate, whey, sunflower oil, hydrogen peroxide, Urtica spp. clay charcoal, sodium chloride, beer, mustard seeds.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
What do the basic substances contribute?
Basic substances respond to increasingly citizens demand concerned about their health and healthy food production, since they constitute a tool in pests and diseases control, especially interesting in organic farming.
Logically, basic substances, given its nature and scope, are no substitute for plant protection products, but in conjunction with other measures can help reduce pesticide use.
What products has PLYMAG placed on the market ?
Within basic substances classification, PLYMAG currently has 3 formulations, which are summarized in the following table:
Equisetum arvense L.
Basic substance, fungicide (SANCO 12,386 / 2013).. Water soluble liquid concentrate obtained from Equisetum arvense L. (horsetail).
INTERECO PLY-42 certification for use in organic farming.
Basic substance (SANTE / 11809/2016). Water soluble liquid concentrate obtained from nettle (Urtica spp.)
Insecticide, acaricide, fungicide.
INTERECO PLY-40 certification for use in organic farming.
basic substance fungicide (SANCO 12798/2014).
Emulsifiable liquid concentrate.
What can these products be useful for?
Use in plant health: they are applicable in a wide range of crops against diseases and various pests reducing environmental impact and health risk.
Other benefits: MAXITINA AND ORTIMAG can improve crop conditiondue to other properties, as summarized below.
- MAXITINA: The lecithins improve fruits appearance (color and brightness), which allows to enhance their attractiveness. They strengthen plants cell wall and fruits, also reduce certain physiopathies incidence. They have a stimulating effect on crop vigor.
- ORTIMAG: nettle extract improves chlorophyll production in plants and corrects nutritional deficiencies, so it is used as fertilizer.
Can they be used in organic farming?
As reflected in the table, both PLYSETUM and ORTYMAG are certified in organic farming, within the “Phytosanitary Technical Reference and Other Phytosanitary Defense Means”.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]